RACK HANDLE DESCRIPTION:Introducing a new concept in handling and securing 19" rack mounted equipment: the Piton Rack Handle. This high quality assembly provides handles and captive fasteners for your rack-mount products.
The Piton Rack Handle has a high-strength molded design with integrated screws that secure your enclosure
to any equipment rack. These handles mount outboard of the front panel space
with supplied hardware: no special panel prep is required.
The Piton Rack Handle has
clean styling and excellent ergonomics. It is manufactured with high grade
materials and is EIA-310, RoHS, and NEBS compliant. It is well-suited for a
variety of markets including Datacom,
Telecom, Storage, Pro Audio, Broadcast, and Test Equipment.
Ereca Fiber Link
RACK HANDLE FEATURES:
- High quality rack handle for rack-mount electronic
- High strength ABS/PC polymer
- Captive #10-32 screws have EIA-310
spacing to work with all equipment racks
- Clean, modern styling with generous finger
- NEBS compliant UL94 V-0 flammability rating
- Mounts on equipment ears, saving valuable front
- No special panel prep, press-fitting or swaging
- Single part no. kit simplifies documentation, procurement
- Can be used in non-rackmount designs
- Designed in California; patent pending
- The Piton Rack Handle
gives your product a rugged, customized look, differentiating it from
competitors using cheap off-the-shelf hardware.
- The high-strength, practical design makes for an
ergonomic handle capable of moving heavy, awkward equipment through
production, shipping and installation.
- This solution gives your customers stainless steel
fasteners, captive to your product, simplifying rack mounting. No more
lost or mismatched screws.
- Captive fasteners are integral to the handle,
eliminating the cost of press-fitting or swaging separate captive fastener
- The Piton Rack Handle mounts on the outer edges of
the front panel, preserving enclosure volume and front panel space; a key
benefit where rack and floor space are at a premium.
- The product is supplied as a kit with 2 handles, 4
captive screws and 4 mounting screws: the single part number kit reduces
the cost of documentation, procurement, kitting and assembly.
- Can be used with subracks where no fixed front panel exists.
- Because the handle works with
standard EIA-310 front panel mounting slots, it can be added to existing
designs and products.
- #12, M5 and M6 captive screws available.
- Easily replaceable, reusable and recyclable.
- With good design-for-manufacturability, the
Piton Rack Handle is available with quantity price breaks at 50, 100, and 500
240lbs: No Problem
- Order one kit for each rack-mounted enclosure. A kit contains 2 handles, 4 handle-mounting screws and 4 captive screws.
- See PDF data sheets for mounting hole pattern for handles. Each handle requires two countersunk thru holes.
- If your front panel is more than .25" thick, counterbore the handle mounting holes as shown on the data sheets.
- There are multiple captive screw lengths available. This is to accommodate your front panel thickness and allow proper mounting with any rack - regardless whether the rack has recessed captive nuts or tapped rails. See data sheets for part numbers.
- When attaching handles, first fasten with plastite screws, then thread #10 captive screws thru handles.
- 4U enclosures: consider using 3U handles. Layout your front panel as a 1U above a 3U and locate the handles on the lower, 3U portion. The handles will be slightly offset from the midline of your product, closer to the center of gravity.
- Handles can be mounted from front with #8 or #10 machine screws
- 3D STEP files available on request.
- See our product development services for complete chassis design.